Monday, July 2, 2012

A visit to the cemetary

I loved my visit to Ohio and had a great birthday...NO rain on saturday, Thank you. Loved spending time with my family. We had a great time at the Great Wolf Lodge on friday night. The girls had so much fun in the Arcade and water park. Aaron and I were worn out by saturday morning.
The day before, thursday we went to castalia to visit my late husbands grave. The girls each left one small cherub angel next to the headstone. I always bring him stargazer lilies (our wedding flower) and placed them next to the head stone as well. I asked for a few minutes alone to talk to him. The girls went to the car with Aaron. I felt the air in my hair and just sat there with the warm breeze. I talk to Wade all the time....but it just seems different when you are sitting right on top of the place he is burried. It seems more surreal and sad. This year for some reason was most difficult for me, and ironically for his family up north also. Not sure if 3 years is a time most people who grieve have a harder time or what but I know we did. I do have a supportive husband and is always there for me and the girls. He respects my grief and knows sometimes it can be hard. I can watch something on T.V and just cry...and he holds me as I do weep. Its awekward but I need him to do that. He doesnt make me feel bad ever because he knows its beyond my control, just like losing him was beyond my control. I was so glad I went to the cemetary though. Its healthy for the girls and I to be there when we can.
His sister is flying from California and I am to pick her up at the airport july 4th. This is the first time she has been to visit me here in SC. She reminds me most of him and its bittersweet being with her. She is just so much like him. So I just got home from a 13 hour drive lastnight and need to pick her up wednesday! Have just enough time to unpack, run errrands, laundry and get dr appointments over with. Gotta love being with family though, we all need to appreciate everyday we wake up to spend another day with them or even talk with them. We just never know.........Dont take the little things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment