Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MOVIE PRICES

So, I am taking the 5 kids we had that day to the movies along with Aaron. We pay almost $70.00 to watch a movie??? I know what youre thinking....WOW! Really, to watch a movie when I could wait for it to be on DVD?  The thing is, is that I feel like we should be able to take our kids to the movies on a rainy day without being raped from the ticket booth....but we are, every time. I remember love going to the movies as a child and seeing it on these HUGE screens! And not only are the screens more awesome along with sound but they have so many movies in 3D and it really looks awesome in some of those movies, Especially for the kids. Movies theatres should be how they used to be, a place for first dates, a place for families(with no crying babies of course) they have always been around throughout history, a place where people can be entertained and then talk about how great or horrible it was. And to be honest we all know it doesn't take much to make a movie into 3D but then charge an extra 5.00 a person to see it! REALLY?
I have Aaron take the kids to find seats while I wait to get just a bottle of water. I guess it just never crossed my mind to look at the sign up above me with prices, I was too busy people watching I guess. Finally after forever because the people in front of me had a so indecisive kid and didn't know if he wanted sour patch kids or snowcaps.....but decided on gumdrops.....it was my turn. I asked for a bottle of water and the boy with Justin Beiber hair (before he cut it) said that will be 5.00. I was like what? I then told him I only wanted ONE bottle of water, he looked down (as if almost embarrassed) and continued to say, "That is for one bottle, ma'am." It was like even he knew it was stupid to pay 5.00 for one bottle (its more expensive than the SODA!) Can you believe that mess?
I politely said never mind and went to my seat and told Aaron about it. Water should be free and if its in a bottle, maybe a dollar....But 5.00 for one. This is after our 70.00 just to watch the movie in 3D. I wish we had more Drive-Ins around here. I would love to pay 3.00 for a car full to watch it. I still love the nostalgia of those too. I understand it takes money to make money, but honestly there is a supply and demand crap going on here and they are gauging us just like fuel. But the problem is, We still pay to see these movies. We still pay for the water(except me) and candy, popcorn,etc.
Its a hot mess....the whole thing just boils my blood and I need to know I'm not the only one. Yes, I have packed a purse for the kids before of snacks and juice boxes because they take my left arm to get into the theatre to watch the movie. This day it was a last minute thing and didn't pack anything. And its just a matter of time before purses are scanned and no totes or bags will be allowed in because they want us to buy the 10.00 box of candy that's only filled HALF full. ANNOYING!!
I just want to share time with the kids and let them see these awesome kid movies that are being previewed at our house ALL over the TV everyday. I see their eyes light up and its, "Mommy, Look at that movie, Brave looks so Awesome!" And as much fun as I have taking them and usually the movies are really good, All I can think about is There goes 50-70 dollars depending how many kids go.  Shouldn't be that way. We all enjoy movies and its a timeless past time. I think about all the kids that don't get to enjoy time in the movie theatre because it really is expensive, VERY! and it all adds up. I really feel like I should do something about this but what?? My wheels are turning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment